The CLEAR Coalition, which represents more than 1 million Pennsylvanians, is fighting for a state budget that includes a tax on the Marcellus shale drillers and a higher minimum wage. We are advocating for a budget that funds essential services including our public schools, protects family-sustaining, middle-class jobs, and ensures that we have a fair system of taxes in our Commonwealth.
The CLEAR Coalition is committed to working with the Wolf administration and all members of the legislature in 2018 to deliver a budget that:
- Making sure that Marcellus shale drillers pay their fair share
- Raising the minimum wage, which ultimately will raise wages for ALL working Pennsylvanians
- Providing adequate support for critical state services
- Reforms state tax law to make sure that all corporations pay their fair share
- Supporting long-term stable funding for public schools, including reduced reliance on local property taxes and a greater state investment in our children
- Supporting our public universities and colleges so that middle-class families can afford access to higher education
CLEAR members are teachers and college professors, firefighters, nurses and healthcare professionals, juvenile detention direct care workers, cafeteria workers, court and county government workers, school psychologists, secretaries, and paraprofessionals. CLEAR members serve all Pennsylvanians, including seniors and children – the most vulnerable among us – and people with mental illness and intellectual disabilities.
For more information about CLEAR and our Budget Fight, visit our Facebook Page.