The CLEAR Coalition, which represents more than 900,000 Pennsylvanians, is committed to working together to ensure that lawmakers put middle-class families first by supporting a fair tax system and providing adequate support for critical state services, our public schools, and public colleges and universities.
The CLEAR Coalition is committed to working with the Shapiro administration and all members of the Legislature this session to deliver:
- A much-needed COLA pension increase for Pre-Act 9 retirees.
- A 2024/25 state budget that supports Pennsylvania workers and their families.
- Adequate and equitable funding for K-12 public education
- Long-overdue legislation to provide public employees with OSHA level protections.
- An increase in the state’s minimum wage and legislation to empower local elected officials to establish an appropriate wage for their constituents.
- Legislation to protect and expand Medical Assistance and General Assistance.
- Opposition to ineffective and unaccountable school voucher schemes.
- The Patient Safety Act, which would set appropriate nursing ratios for Pennsylvania hospitals. dependent on patient needs.
Our members are juvenile detention direct care workers, cafeteria workers, state and local government workers, court and county government workers, school psychologists, secretaries, and paraprofessionals. We serve seniors, children, the most vulnerable among us and all Pennsylvanians. We are proud to represent hard-working Pennsylvanians who protect children and communities from underage drinking and operate one of the most successful and efficient state lottery programs in the nation.
For more information about CLEAR and our Budget Fight, visit our Facebook Page.